Sunday, July 20, 2008

Batman, Black Vogue and Fonzworth Betntley

Alright, I got up early today and went to see Batman at the Arclight Sherman Oaks.  I shoulda been goin' to church, but GOD gave me the pass today.  Let me just tell you this:

BATMAN IS THE BOMB.

Now, it ain't for everyone and it is clearly a DARK movie and I still don't know how I feel about the caped crusader having a velvet cape.  I mean D*MN..you couldn't find any other material?  It is straight out of pimps up hoes down! I won't spoil the movie in any way shape or form BUT I will say that the last time I heard BAGPIPES anywhere was when Roddy Roddy Piper used to fight Hulk Hogan (eat your vitamins and say your prayers brother!)..well all throughout the BATMAN movie they are playing the H*LL out of some bagpipes.  It is like..uh..like a siren.  Ain't no "Music"..there are scened where the bagpipes are just going off..kinda freaky.  Anyway..BATMAN is arguably the best overall Superhero movie this year..(at least until mine comes out)...although Hellboy and Iron Man were pretty dope too.

About a month ago, I got some emails from some of my Facebook friends around the world (yep, I am up on there) about this upcoming issue of VOGUE that featured all Black Models.  Now keep in mind, this was to be the ITALIAN VOGUE July Issue (in fact I got a call into Kobe ..yes, Mr. Bryant to the rest of you) to come over to the crib and translate to me every page in the magazine.  I actually was expecting some bilingual translations up on the page and to be honest, I was expecting the regular ads to have Black people in them too... (that wasnt't the case). But, to be honest the issue is STUNNING.  It features many popular models (Tyra, Alek Wek, Iman, Naomi and Liya Kibede) , many up and coming models.  Included are some other well known celebs looking as only fine as they can.  They even got Toccara (YUP, TOCCARA) looking reeeeeal nice. I'ma leave it at that. ;)

As far as my weekend music pick..Check out Fonzworth Bentley featuring Andre 3000 and Kanye West on "EVERYBODY"..one of the best videos of the year..and believe it or not, he has some niiiice skills.  He might even out rap Andre on the song!  Video is bananas and Sa-Ra has a bangin' track too..put it on your ipod, 8 track or  cassette..ok..I'm out! G'nite

1 comment:

Beauty Talk With Illusions said...

Hi Mel,
It was great chatting with you last night. As I said before, I love your new blog. I'm going to check your blog out to find out whats "HOT" in the industry...music, mags, videos, and parties of course!!! LOL..

Janice